We have had several people ask what is involved in terms of paperwork for our adoption so I thought it would be fun to show a list of what we have done so far and what we still have left to do (see the sidebar). It's a pretty involved process but the main piece that we are waiting on right now is to get the home study visits scheduled. We need the home study write-up for our Dossier (packet that goes to Ethiopia), and for our I-171H which goes into our Dossier as well.
Last Friday we were able to go to USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) and file our I-600A (Advance Processing for Orphan Petition). Since we were able to walk our application in we were able to get fingerprinted at the same time, which saved us some time! Some offices do not allow you to walk your application in. You have to mail it in and then wait for a fingerprinting appt. So we are very happy we were able to get it done all in one day!
Yeah!
More to come on our reasons for adopting and why we chose Ethiopia........

