Monday, August 16, 2010

Just count to sixty.

Hannah asked, "Daddy, why can some kids read time but I can't?" My reply was simple, "Well Hannah, I know you can read time because you can count to sixty. Besides, we have discussed what the numbers on the clock mean." She came back with, "but I still can't read time." Even though it was bed time, this was the perfect opportunity for some quality teaching time. "So, Hannah, read me the numbers on the clock." She read them off, "eight forty three." Well that just ruined my teaching op, "Umm, Hannah, you just read the time. I thought you didn't know how?" She followed up with a shy smile and cute response, "I didn't know I could." I let her know how awesome it was and how I knew she could do it.
Just a fun story I thought I could share.

I think we all have things that we aren't sure we can do. Why not just give it a try? I bet you can do it.

No comments: